The program is designed to calculate the optimum cross-section and perform strength check of slender struts strained for buckling.
The program includes:
- Selection of six basic types of buckling.
- Calculation of area characteristics of 20 types of cross-sections.
- Design of optimum profile accommodating the set load.
- Strength check of the strut.
- Calculation and graphical representation of permitted stress dependent on slenderness rate.
- A table of materials and a table of area characteristics of W, S, C and L profiles according to ANSI/AISC and I, U, L and T profiles according to DIN/ISO.
The calculation is based on data, procedures, algorithms (Johnson, Tetmajer, Euler, Secant) and data from specialized literature and AISC, ISO, DIN and BS standards.
List of standards: DIN 1025, DIN 1026, DIN 1028, DIN 1029, DIN 1024, AISC W-Shapes, AISC S-Shapes, AISC C-Shapes, AISC L-Shapes, AISC LU-Shapes, and others